Not sure where to start with your idea? Here are some tips and tools to help you present your idea in two minutes:
- Introduce your idea by grabbing the audience's attention. For example, summarize it in a sentence, highlighting its benefits and what makes it unique – or create a scenario showing how your idea solves a problem.
- Describe how you came to this idea, show its impact and present possible results such as profits, future growth, or market opportunities (do research).
- Use props like prototypes, sketches or current products to show the improvement needed.
- Describe how you plan to bring this idea to life and why your idea will succeed.
- Be sure to check out the winning videos and highlights from last year’s competition.
Want to learn more? Check out the following online resources:
Youth Jobs Strategy
MaRS – Entrepreneurship 101
MaRS – Entrepreneurial Thinking Toolkit
Startupbizhub – Pitching a business idea
Want to make sure your video makes the grade? Check out these helpful resources:
Mac Basics – QuickTime Player
Wikipedia – Public Domain Image Resources
Creative Commons – Royalty Free Music
Visit these sites to find out more about entrepreneurship and innovation:
Government of Ontario – Young Entrepreneurs
Ontario Network of Entrepreneurs (ONE)
Ontario’s Summer Company program
Ontario Centres of Excellence
MaRS Discovery District
If you would like to have someone speak to your class about entrepreneurship, please contact your local Regional Innovation Centre (RIC) or Small Business Enterprise Centre (SBEC).
Young Entrepreneurs, Make Your Pitch Resource Guide
Young Entrepreneurs, Make Your Pitch At a Glance Document
Young Entrepreneurs, Make Your Pitch FAQ Document
Young Entrepreneurs, Make Your Pitch Poster
Young Entrepreneurs, Make Your Pitch Postcard
*If you require specific dimensions or file formats for your promotional efforts, please contact the contest coordinator at email@example.com.
Young Entrepreneurs, Make Your Pitch Social Media Icons: